A letter from Samwise Gamgee
Dear Mr. Frodo,
I hope this letter finds you safe as I’ve been looking for you everywhere without success. I’m getting really scared, Mr. Frodo, and with all the things we’ve been through you’d think I wouldn’t get scared so easily. You know how us Hobbits don’t like change, but I fear change is coming. I can feel it in my bones.
An ill wind was blowing this morning when I awoke. I just know something is about to happen. I didn’t want to leave the hole, but I decided after second breakfast I needed to go out to see if anyone else felt it like I did. Then I became truly scared. I couldn’t find anyone. Tav’roon was gone. And you know if Tav is gone you’re not going to find Ish either. Stacey couldn’t be found and Vastori’s kitchen was cold. I went over to the Prancing Pony to see if MAW new what was going on, but he wasn’t there. The barkeep said that Methost, Sgt. Deadeye and ep had left before breakfast but didn’t know which direction they were going. I took a winding path back to the Shire to check on others that live further out. There were all gone: Jorel, Jerkan, Morfang, Scrutiny and sssuuu were no where to be found. The kids Heru, Forant, Vonilan, hammman and Elof weren’t playing by the lake like they always do at that time of day.
I was almost back in the Shire when I was sure I heard Alfwine and swisskdl talking, but when I got close no one was there. Bart’s house was totally empty. Hxlgg, merwin and Maglor44’s too. There are so many people gone. Just vanished.
I’m really scared, Mr. Frodo. These people keep us in their minds and hearts. They allow us to keep going, even when we think we have nothing left. I don’t know what to do, Mr. Frodo. They’ve all got to come back, they just have to. If I can’t find them the Shire and the whole of Middle-earth won’t be the same.
I’ve got to find you, Mr. Frodo. Surely you’ll know what to do. Please, oh please be safe until I find you. I’m coming, Mr. Frodo. Don’t worry.
Your friend in the Shire,
Sam
I hope this letter finds you safe as I’ve been looking for you everywhere without success. I’m getting really scared, Mr. Frodo, and with all the things we’ve been through you’d think I wouldn’t get scared so easily. You know how us Hobbits don’t like change, but I fear change is coming. I can feel it in my bones.
An ill wind was blowing this morning when I awoke. I just know something is about to happen. I didn’t want to leave the hole, but I decided after second breakfast I needed to go out to see if anyone else felt it like I did. Then I became truly scared. I couldn’t find anyone. Tav’roon was gone. And you know if Tav is gone you’re not going to find Ish either. Stacey couldn’t be found and Vastori’s kitchen was cold. I went over to the Prancing Pony to see if MAW new what was going on, but he wasn’t there. The barkeep said that Methost, Sgt. Deadeye and ep had left before breakfast but didn’t know which direction they were going. I took a winding path back to the Shire to check on others that live further out. There were all gone: Jorel, Jerkan, Morfang, Scrutiny and sssuuu were no where to be found. The kids Heru, Forant, Vonilan, hammman and Elof weren’t playing by the lake like they always do at that time of day.
I was almost back in the Shire when I was sure I heard Alfwine and swisskdl talking, but when I got close no one was there. Bart’s house was totally empty. Hxlgg, merwin and Maglor44’s too. There are so many people gone. Just vanished.
I’m really scared, Mr. Frodo. These people keep us in their minds and hearts. They allow us to keep going, even when we think we have nothing left. I don’t know what to do, Mr. Frodo. They’ve all got to come back, they just have to. If I can’t find them the Shire and the whole of Middle-earth won’t be the same.
I’ve got to find you, Mr. Frodo. Surely you’ll know what to do. Please, oh please be safe until I find you. I’m coming, Mr. Frodo. Don’t worry.
Your friend in the Shire,
Sam


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home